Thursday, March 4, 2010

A How To...

Here is an exercise that my teacher gave me to come up with ideas and think fast on my feet.

Take a word, an idea, something you did, something you've seen, just about anything and start writing on a sheet of paper anything and everything that comes to mind. Don't ever let your pencil stop moving, even if you aren't writing words, write scribbles, do little drawings, anything. After 3 minutes or more depending on how much you want to pick from, put your pencil/pen down.

With this process a small idea can turn into a series of ideas, thoughts, potential information for a project! This process gave me a great idea for a print based on my trip to Israel during winter break of 2008. Hopefully this little trick can give you some potential concepts for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment